How Adjustable Length Chains are Disrupting the Jewelry Industry
For decades now, the jewelry industry has only really offered fixed-length necklaces and chains. With the perfection of a new technology in Italy 🇮🇹, the ability to make infinitely adjustable length chains just became a reality.
And the industry is set to shift in a major way…
Keywords: Adjustable Chains, Adjustable necklaces
A Common Accessorizing Dilemma: You have the perfect pendant and chain for your outfit, but the pendant falls below the neckline of your blouse instead of where you want it – just above. You need it to be just 1/4 inch higher, but how?
Or you’re wearing the gown with a little more decolletage than usual and that gorgeous pendant should be 2 + 5/8ths inches lower than you can get it on the chain it came with. What do you do?
Why can’t you place that pendant EXACTLY where you want it every time?
Well, don’t despair – because with a newly patented adjusting technology coming out of Italy, your pent-up pendant frustration has met its match!
The Perfect Length Every Time?
(What’ll they think of next?)
The new technology is found inside a small adjusting gasket that’s part of the clasp on what appears to be your average finely-made Italian chain.
The new adjusting gasket is an industry game-changer.
It allows the chain to be pulled through and set at the PERFECT length – shorter or longer – depending on the neckline, size, shape, or outfit of the wearer.
“Close enough” is a thing of the past. It’s time to get the exact look and length you want every time!
Replace 5 Chains with 1…
You no longer need to own 3, 4, or 5 different length chains, you only need ONE!
Not only that, you control where you want the chain or pendant to fall on your neckline. It’s a better fix than any common, predetermined length of chain or even a chain extender.
So, it’s not only practical, it’s also economical!
Adjustable chains can go from 14″ to 20″ while others go from 14″ all the way up to 30″ or even 35″!
The 14″ to 24″ option is popular because 24″ can fit over *most* heads without needing to fumble at all with a clasp.
Adjustable chains are so practical and make incredible gifts, too! There are a variety of styles and adjustable lengths to choose from, so individual style still has its place!
Why Didn’t I Think of That?
It’s easy to see why adjustable chains have the entire jewelry industry buzzing!
Not only do women LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these adjustable chains, but they are turning an industry on its head.
In classic “why didn’t I think of that” fashion, consumers are flocking to the adjustable technology the minute they see it in action, and traditional chain manufacturers are trying to figure out how to adapt.
How Does it Work?
Magic! Just kidding, but it sure does seem that way.
Inside the adjusting gasket, there is a specially formulated, patented silicone polymer that has been specially fitted for the chain. This is where the magic happens. The gasket allows the chain to be set at the EXACT length you want, and once set, it stays in place until changed the next time. Who said science and fashion can’t get along!
How Hard is it to Adjust?
It’s really quite simple. Once you shorten the chain the first time, you’ll “get it.”
Shortening or lengthening after that will become second nature.
Can it really be that simple?
Yes. But for those who need a little more coaching, here’s the REALLY detailed version of the adjusting instructions!
1. Hold the end of the chain near the charm/tab in one hand.
2. Hold the adjusting ball (attached near the clasp) securely in the other hand.
3. Keeping the ball hand steady, firmly and slowly pull the heart hand away from the ball hand.
4. If the chain is still not moving through the adjusting ball, pull a little harder as the first time may require a little more force.
5. Simply pull the chain the opposite direction to reverse the process and add the length back.
Buying Tips to Consider:
Follow these tips and tricks to get the ideal adjustable chain…
- Buy “Made in Italy.” China is very good at making look-a-likes, but the quality simply isn’t there. Make sure you get an Italian-made adjustable.
- Purchase Sterling SIlver or Gold.Again, quality counts here. Brass with flash plating is an imitation that will break or look cheap.
- Get a Chain that’s at least 1mm – 2mm in Thickness, that way it will LAST! (the thickness depends on the type of pendant you want to hang from it – tiny pendants get a tiny chain, bigger pendants need a thicker chain)
- Make sure you buy a chain with a Lobster Clasp and not a Spring Ring. Spring Ring clasps are cheap and prone to breaking.
- Make sure you hold the ball and chain properly when pulling, otherwise you’ll ruin the adjusting mechanism. Always pull the chain straight through the gasket, not at an angle.
What’s the most popular style?
The Milano Twist is lightweight enough to be worn comfortably every day but still has the strength to accommodate small to medium-sized pendants.
It’s currently the most popular adjustable chain in the U.S.
SEE IT HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I put a pendant on this chain?
A: In addition to the sliding element, there is also a regular lobster claw clasp that allows the chain to be used with pendants as well.
Q: Will this chain tarnish?
A: Depends on what you buy. A sterling silver chain that has been finished with a thick rhodium plating that will prevent tarnish with normal use. Gold is always a good option. Avoid cheap metals like brass that are flash coated in silver or gold.