Everyone knows that a perfect playlist can make a world of a difference when it comes to your mood. I’m serious about this! Even in middle school, I made sure that my alarm would wake me up to some happy, upbeat song (usually Click 5) to get my day off to the right start.
I still wake up and get ready this way. Anytime I have a big event coming up, I’m sure to update my music to make sure I have just the right set to put me in the perfect mood. My friends actually give me a hard time about how much effort I spend on perfecting my iTunes library and Spotify playlists. But I don’t hear them complaining as we get ready for nights out!
When building your pre-wedding playist, make sure it will get you pumped for what the day will bring. I’ve thrown one of my own together filled with songs I love, songs about love, and songs I can’t help but sing and dance to… whatever puts a smile on your face and gets you excited—add it to the list! This playlist will set the tone of your day. Happiness is key!
Photos by Amanda Marie Studio
A Perfect Wedding Morning Playlist:
Your wedding morning track-list is no different than my middle school alarm. This is your BIG day. What better way than to kick it off with the perfect compilation of tunes? Not only will it put a smile on your face and get your bridesmaids’ energy flowing, it’s also a great way to minimize stress. Here’s a list of our favorite songs to get you off on the right foot! Don’t miss my pre-wedding tips to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Start listening to the full playlist on Spotify right now!
I don’t know what it is about this Colbie Caillat number, but the bubbly (see what I did there) tune is just perfect to wake up to…
1. “I Do” – Colbie Caillat
2. “Shower” – Becky G
3. “Going to the Chapel of Love” – The Dixie Cups
4. “Walking on Sunshine” – Katrina & the Waves
5. “I Gotta Feeling” – Black Eyed Peas
Because I have to stay true to my 12-year-old self…
6. “Just the Girl” – The Click Five
7. “Marry You” – Bruno Mars
8. “Firework” – Katy Perry
While we’re on the topic of the Superbowl diva…
9. “Unconditionally” – Katy Perry
10. Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
Tip #1: It may not be easy, but try your best to get good sleep the night before your ceremony. Adrenaline will certainly kick in when you wake up, but there’s no better way to be stress free than to be well rested. P.S. Don’t forget breakfast! And a mimosa may help settle those nerves–one mimosa.
The older generations in your life are sure to appreciate this classic crooner…
11. “Love and Marriage” – Frank Sinatra
12. “Happy” – Pharrell Williams
13. “Best Day of My Life” – American Authors
14. “Dancing in the Moonlight” – Toploader
15. “Show You Off” – Dan + Shay
16. “Ain’t No Other Man” – Christina Aguilera
17. “Something Like That” – Tim McGraw
18. “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” – Stevie Wonder
Tip #2: Have an emergency kit packed. Prepare it ahead of time so you don’t need to rack your brain for last-minute items such as: Band-Aids for blisters, makeup for touch-ups, water, Advil, and anything else you can think of to keep you happy the morning of. Snacks should definitely be a part of this! Pack easy, healthy, and filling treats like grapes, an apple, berries, and/or nuts.
Check out our must-have wedding day emergency kit >>
If you’re like me and you love covers/mash-ups, you’ll enjoy this fun addition to the list…
19. “Halo/Walking on Sunshine” – Glee Cast
Speaking of Beyoncé, what list would be complete without a few from her? Definitely not any of mine…
20. “Crazy in Love” – Beyoncé ft. Jay Z
21. “Love on Top” – Beyoncé
22. “XO” – Beyoncé
More for you cover-lovers…
23. “XO” – John Mayer
24. “Isn’t She Lovely” – Stevie Wonder
25. “You Da One” – Rihanna
Tip #3: Agree on a safe word with your fiancé and/or your ‘maids. Everyone has that one family member or friend who can get a little chatty. You certainly don’t want to avoid them, but you also don’t want them to monopolize all of your time as you’re getting ready or enjoying the big day. Pick a safety word/phrase to say when you need to move along in your conversations. Added Bonus: It’s an easy out of awkward convos as well!
26. “Young Dumb and In Love” – Mat Kearney
27. “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life” – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
Or try this newer version…
28. “The Time (Dirty Bit)” – Black Eyed Peas
29. “I Could Get Used to This” – The Veronicas
I heard these lyrics and could hardly ignore it: “It’s my night, your night, our night. Let’s turn it up.”
30. “Time of Our Lives” – Pitbull
31. “Whoomp There It Is” – Tag Team
32. “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper
Tip #4: Put someone else in charge of your cell phone. You might get last-minute calls from vendors or maybe even friends. And while some of these may just be well wishes, many may be about the day’s plans. Designate one of your bridesmaids or personal attendants to this duty so you can breathe easy. Added Bonus: Not having your cell attached to your hand will give you more time to soak in all the love around you.
33. “Everything” – Michael Buble
34. “Marry Me (Reggae Remix)” – Jason Derulo
35. “You’re the One That I Want” – Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta
36. “Raise Your Glass” – P!nk
37. “Hey Ya!” – OutKast
I’m not kidding when I say that this Whitney jam is on literally every playlist I ever make. There’s nothing better than singing and dancing around with your girls while you get ready!
38. “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” – Whitney Houston
39. “Love Somebody” – Maroon 5
40. “The Way You Make Me Feel” – Michael Jackson
The King of Pop continues…
41. “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” – Michael Jackson
42. “Yoü and I” – Lady Gaga
Tip #5: Comfy shoes! Wear them while you get ready, and have a pair on reserve in case your feet get sore throughout the day. Being uncomfortable is never fun, so don’t make yourself suffer through it. Try to break your shoes in before the wedding if you can. Added Bonus: Another pair of shoes. Need I say more?
43. “Can’t Hold Us” – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton
44. “Some Kind of Wonderful” – Grand Funk Railroad
45. “Man! I Feel Like A Woman!” – Shania Twain
I’m a blue-eyed girl, but this favorite always puts me in a good mood…
46. “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrison
47. “Valerie” – Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse
48. “Home” – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
49. “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” – The Proclaimers
Tip #6: Surround yourself with the right people (and the right number of people.) It’s important to have a helpful, happy, and calm crew around you as you get ready. If your mom, future mother-in-law, cousin, friend, etc. contributes to your stress level, spend more time with the other VIP’s helping you get ready. It’s also important that you don’t surround yourself with too many people. Sometimes a crowded chaotic room can be an energy booster, but other times it can be a stress inducer. Know your limits, and don’t feel bad about what you want to do. It’s your day.
50. “Forever” – Chris Brown
51. “You Can’t Hurry Love” – Diana Ross & the Supremes (So many other good versions!)
52. “Kiss You” – One Direction
53. “Beat of the Music” – Brett Eldredge
54. “This Will Be (an Everlasting Love)” – Natalie Cole
Tip #7: Wear a robe, button-up shirt, or tank top that can easily be taken off. You don’t want your beautiful wedding ‘do ruined before the day even begins! Added Bonus: Pre-wedding robes are the perfect gift for your wedding party!
55. “Want to Want Me”– Jason Derulo
56. “Best I Ever Had” – Gavin DeGraw
57. “I Want Crazy” – Hunter Hayes
58. “This Kiss” – Faith Hill
59. “Life in Color” – OneRepublic
60. “Fine By Me” – Andy Grammar
Tip #8: Have a timeline, but know you don’t have to follow it to the exact minute. It’s important to have an idea of how your morning is going to play out so you can make sure everything you need to get done, get’s done. Be sure to allow some extra wiggle room in case certain tasks take longer than others. We all know how temperamental hair can be for up-dos, and eyeliner never applies flawlessly when you need it to. With these extra minutes spread out in your timeline, you’ll be sure to stay on schedule. Added Bonus: If you don’t need the extra minutes, you’ll have extra time for photos or relaxation before walking down the aisle!
61. “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” – The Darkness
62. “On Top of the World” – Imagine Dragons
63. “Any Man of Mine” – Shania Twain
64. “Sweet Thing” – Keith Urban
65. “I Will Never Let You Down” – Rita Ora
66. “Don’t Wake Me Up” – Chris Brown
67. “What Makes You Beautiful” – One Direction
68. “My Life Would Suck Without You” – Kelly Clarkson
69. “I Want It That Way” – Backstreet Boys
Tip #9: Have your dress and accessories ready to go. Make sure your dress is out of the bag, steamed, and hung up, your accessories and shoes are set out, and all tags are removed. This will make the photographer’s job easier, and it’ll save you a hunt for scissors at the last minute.
70. “Treasure” – Bruno Mars
71. “Toxic” – Britney Spears
Nothing wrong with a little more Brit…
72. “Scream & Shout” – will.i.am ft. Britney Spears
73. “How Far We’ve Come” – Matchbox Twenty
74. “Our Kind of Love” – Lady Antebellum
75. “Billion” – Mat Kearney
76. “Next to You” – Chris Brown ft. Justin Bieber
Tip #10: Delegate tasks. If everyone has his or her own to-do list, you can sit back and enjoy the day without one of your own. Don’t feel guilty about dishing out duties to your bridesmaids, friends, personal attendant–whatever it may be. They are here to help and will want the same from you someday. Figure out these duties beforehand of so everyone is on the same page when the time comes.
77. “Still Into You” – Paramore
78. “White Dress” – Ben Rector
79. “Shut Up and Dance” – Walk the Moon
80. “Gonna B Good” – Keith Urban
81. “Love Me Like You Do” – Ellie Goulding
82. “What You Do To Me” – Dan + Shay
83. “Rather Be” – Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne
84. “Sugar” – Maroon 5
85. “Don’t Happen Twice” – Kenny Chesney
86. “Let Me Love You” – Ne-Yo
87. “Make a New Dance Up” – Hey Ocean!
88. “Get Your Shine On” – Florida Georgia Line
89. “Locked Out of Heaven” – Bruno Mars
Tip #11: Be ready to accept whatever minor hitches may occur. Perfection is impossible, no matter how hard we try. It’s important that you’re ready to accept that. Remember that a little stress and anxiety is normal. You just can’t let it consume you. Mental preparation is key.
90. “You’ve Got the Love” – Florence + the Machine
91. “Best Love Song” – T-Pain ft. Chris Brown
92. “Love Like This” – Natasha Bedingfield ft. Sean Kingston
93. “Faster” – Matt Nathanson
94. “Everytime We Touch” – Cascada
95. “Like You Do” – Angel Taylor
96. “I Choose U” – Timeflies
97. “Boom Clap” – Charli XCX
98. “Crazy Beautiful” – Andy Grammar
This is the point in the playlist where you’re ready for your final touch-ups and adjustments. You don’t want your last hour to feel rushed and frantic, so slow it down a bit and take a deep breath. Let yourself relax a little before the real festivities begin. Today is going to fly by in the blink of an eye, so our advice is to take this time to slow down for just a second. Let the lyrics of these songs do all the talking for you.
99. “She Is” – Ben Rector
100. “This” – Darius Rucker
101. “Lucky” – Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
These are your final two tunes before you take your first steps down the aisle. Hug all the beautiful people who helped you get ready and put a big smile on your face because you’re about to say “I do” to the man of your dreams.
Tip #12: Take a deep breath. Reflect. Remember why you’re here and all the amazing memories that led you to this moment. You’re about to say “I do” to the man of your dreams. No little stress or worry should get in your way.
102. “Marry Me” – Train
103. “More Than Anyone” – Gavin DeGraw
It’s time! The moment you’ve been waiting for is finally here! Get out there and enjoy your happily ever after.
You may also enjoy…
- The Ultimate Wedding Workout Playlist & Tips
- 30 Love Songs for Your Wedding Music Playlist
- 15 Modern Wedding Songs: Covers of Classics