Even A-list nuptials aren’t always like a Hollywood movie. Here’s what celebs would change if they redid their day.
Skipping the first dance
“I do have one regret… not having a first dance. I refused to have a first dance ’cause I can’t dance and don’t like dancing in front of people. But everything else was just perfect.”
– Chrissy Teigen on her wedding to John Legend
Getting married close to home
“I would have a destination wedding. It’s such a memorable time and you want it to last as long as possible!”
– Monique Lhuillier, who designed wedding gowns for Ashley Tisdale, Naya Rivera and Reese Witherspoon
“White it up. I’d wear a beautiful, proper wedding dress, like I should have that day.”
– Sarah Jessica Parker, who wore a black gown when she wed Matthew Broderick
Letting the groom ski
“I said, ‘I don’t think you should ski,’ and he said, ‘No, I’m a good skier — I’ll be fine.’ That day, of course, he broke his nose going over a jump!”
– Katherine Heigl on her wedding to Josh Kelley
Standing too close to the sparklers
“My wedding dress has a big burn mark from one of the sparklers… It was just so heartbreaking… Later my dress was hanging up and Ryan said, ‘Isn’t that beautiful?’ and he pointed to the burn. He said, ‘You’ll always remember that moment…’ Now that’s my favorite part of the dress.”
– Blake Lively on her wedding to Ryan Reynolds
And one with no regrets…
“I had two and my second one was the one of my dreams. I wouldn’t change a thing!”
– Celeb planner Mindy Weiss, who planned Ashlee Simpson’s wedding
Go pick up your copy of The Knot Spring 2015 issue now!
Want more? Right here!
> 2015 SAG Awards: See Reese Witherspoon, Emma Stone and other celebs’s wedding-inspired looks!
> Beach wedding ideas we love
> What your favorite Disney princess says about your wedding style